Thursday, July 28, 2016

My last Halloween costume - By: Natalia Andrea Correa Osorio

When I was a child, I loved Halloween costumes. I waited all year for Halloween to go with my family to ask for candy. My mom was a very creative woman, so she always made the costumes for me and my brothers.

The Halloween Costume that I remember the most was the last one. It was 1991 and I was 9 years old. The Flintstones were fashionable, and my mom decided to make me a Wilma costume.



The suit was very simple: a short white dress and a necklace made with cheese balls and white paint. As the character, I had to be barefoot. It seemed like a fun idea, until I had to walk the dirty streets of my town for hours, trying to avoid glasses and garbage.

The main park was crowded and everyone stepped on my bare feet. Besides, it was very uncomfortable to walk with that short dress. I tried to be happy and enjoy the afternoon, but the weather started to get bad.

We were very hungry, so we looked for a restaurant, but all restaurants were crowded. At the end, we found a place and ordered chicken and chips. The food was horrible, the chicken was raw and the chips were cold. When we left the restaurant, it started to rain.

We tried to take a taxi and it was impossible. But the worst part was my necklace: with the rain, the cheese balls started to melt, and the smell was terrible. The painting fell and my dress was stained with orange.

We ran in the rain until we took a bus. Everyone looked at me because I smelled like rotten cheese. When we arrived home, I decided I would never wear a Halloween costume again.

Bye!

Natalia C.



No comments:

Post a Comment