Thursday, July 28, 2016

FINAL PROYECT


MY BOARDING SCHOOL


It was on Sunday afternoon February 1994, at about half past five.Iwas five years old. I really didn´t understand what happened at that moment. My mom left me in a boarding school. We were in difficultes after my father died.

Around me, there were many girls crying, and screaming. It was awful. Also there were some nuns that said, "Mothers, please go away. we need to close the doors, and to locate the girls." Then all the mothers left the place. Later, the nuns asked us to follow them to a big room. There were many lockers there, where we kept ours things. It was the start of seven hard years because the nuns weren't any saints, except for two of them: The nuns Rosario and Griselda. They were nice. Always God bless them.

Wherever they are the daily routine was the following: We woke up at 4 o'clock, every day. Then we made the bed. The cover beds had to be perfect. Otherwise, the nuns forced us to do it again. Later, we went to the bathrooms. There, all girls stood in line to take a shower. While a girl got wet, another girl was lathered. Then we went to a big dining room, and we had hot cocoa, bread, and cheese or something. We brushed our teeth after we washed the dishes. We prayed before  we went out to school. The school was outside. So, we enjoyed when we went to school. When we arrived from school.  We came back to the big dining room. There, we ate lunch. The nuns cooked a different menu every day. 
On Mondays we aet lentils, rice, beef, and tomato juice. 
On Tuesdays, we ate ground beef, rice, pasta soup, and  mulberry juice . 
On wednesday we ate chickpea souup, rice, salat of lettuce, carrot, and tomato. 
On Thursday we ate plantain soup, rice, pork, and sweet water with lemon. 
On Friday we ate beans, rice, and eggs. I hated and loved that day.I hated the combination of flavors. Both beans and eggs were without salt. so, I vomited every friday. I loved fridays because I met my family again, and I stayed for two days in my house.

The boarding school was from monday to friday only, but It felt like a long time inside.

Today I'm grateful for everything. I would not be myself without that experience. My mom knew what she was doing.

By Estefani Espinal Correa.



No comments:

Post a Comment