Wednesday, July 27, 2016




MY FIRST VACATION


On my holidays I went to Cartagena. I was ten years old.  My mother, my father, and I travelled on June 15th, 1992. We for a week but we were happy for the adventure. 
On June 15th in the morning, we arrived to the airport because the flight was at 6:00 a.m. The journey was very short. From the heights everything I saw was wonderful.   
In the airport my uncle Samuel was waiting for our arrival. I brought to the Decameron Hotel to leave our bags and enjoy our vacation. The hotel was every elegant, it had a large bed. I wanted to sleep all day but it was impossible.
My uncle was there. He us there were many places where to go in Cartagena. Where you could find history, recreation, rest, culture, pleasure, and more. A great variety of places to meet with the family.  We were ready to spend an good and unforgettable time.
That day we visited the Botanical Gardens. It is a beautiful place. It had the main plant species of Colombia.  The weather was nice.
Following, we went to one of the touristic sites of the Island Baru. We arrived by car crossing the Canal del Dique.  It has shiny white sandy beaches, surrounded by manglars and multicolored corals. It fantastic!
The next morning, we visited the Castillo San Felipe. It is considered one of the seven wonders of Colombia. It´s beautiful.  I took a lot of photos and recorded video with my camera because I love to make videos about the places I visit.
We went in the afternoon to the shopping malls. They were amazing, we bought clothes, shoes, accesories, handcrafts, jewerly, antiques and leather goods. Some purchases were to bring a memory to my friends from university.  We became fully loaded with things at the hotel.
In Cartagena there is diversity in foods. There are restaurants specialized in Arabian, Italian and French foods. We were looking for paisa restaurants, but it was impossible to find. One we found a restaurant where we could eat beef accompanied by a delicious Cesar's salad. It was the best we found.
Among the typical food from Cartagena,   we ate the fritters, coconut rice, fish stew and a lot more.
The last days were perfect for the family. We went to beach. I was looking it the sea. There were big waves and my mother put sun-screen on my body.
I meet new people. I played beach volley. We told stories and changed the phones numbers.  It was the most wonderful day of my life and we had lots of fun.
The hottest days we went into the sea and we swam to get tired, of course I did it carefully. My mother always took care of us and warned us of any danger.
We returned to Medellin was good.  My family and I were happy adventure.
Cartagena is a beautiful and unforgettable city. 

DIANA PATRICIA MEJIA OSORIO

No comments:

Post a Comment